Ahhh - I love Christmas. Even if my house is a disaster, and I have no idea what we've gotten the kids.
I was going to steal this list from my boss, but then I received it from my cousin as well, so I guess it's community property now :)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper - I love it, and it's so much more exciting tearing open a gift then taking it out of a bag.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I have an artificial one - I couldn't bear to think of the babies stepping on one of those sharp neeldles, but I really miss the smell and look of a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as possible after T-day.
4. When do you take the tree down? mid January
5. Do you like egg nog? Yunny yes - especially a McDs egg nog milkshake.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Unknown - I've received so many good ones. I'm sure it revolves around video games though.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I think we have 17 nativity scenes up right now. I think it's the only thing that John and I had in common before we met.
8. Hardest person to buy for? People at work - you know, you would like to get them something cool, but you know that you are strapped for cash, and you could be spending that money on your kids or spouse, so you end up straining your brain trying to find something cool and cheap.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Gracie J.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course - that's how I send the family photos.
11 .Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't recall this one either, but I'm sure it had to be something from an old boyfriend's parents.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around October
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Of course - especially with the kids - they don't care, as long as they get something to unwrap.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Molasses cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear twinkly lights on the inside of the tree, and colored ones on the outer edge.
17. Favorite Christmas song? classic= Silent Night. modern= the spin version of jingle bells. Kids= Dominick the Donkey
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Nope - I suck at that. I start making up names and Gracie gets mad
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present from mom and dad on Eve, and then the rest in the morning after Santa comes.
22 . Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crabby people who act all pissy because they have to buy presents. Chill out people - you could stay home in your house all season long if you want - don't make me slap you!
23. Favorite ornament, theme or color? My 3 favorite ornaments are the kids "first christmas" balls from Bronners. Gracie's is cracked and battered 12 years later, and i love it. Hers is blue, Rudy's is purple, and Doni's is Red.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey usually, but this year we are going with ham - we've gone a bit overboard with turkey lately :)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A happy home.