Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Montreal in the summertime

My work team visited Montreal, Quebec for a meeting in August. It was my first time to Montreal (although, growing up in Michigan, I've been to several Canadian cities). Gracie was insanely jealous that I was going (she has been studying French for 2 years - she's SO much better at it than I was). The sights were beautiful in Old Town Montreal, and the New Town had good shopping and was fairly clean, although extremely congested. I likened it to 'France without the French' - everyone was so kind and overtly gracious :) The scenery was also strange and beautiful, in that our 5 star hotel was across the street from a building that was made out of multi-colored panels of glass. I took a photo of our hotel from inside the multicolored building.

No comments: