Monday, July 28, 2008

Costa Rica

Well, I finally made it to Costa Rica and back. Needless to say, the first 1/2 of the trip was amazing. It's every bit jungle-beach-GORGEOUS as it comes. The first full day, we white water rafted - Levels III and IV. It was scary and exhilerating - I loved it. Not so much fun for Kris though, who took a dive with the first level IV rapid and tore up her knee pretty bad. :(



The next day, it was Zip Lining. I can't say enough positive things about the experience. Our guides were the utmost professionals, and really worked for thier tips. The hiking was tough, but the flying through the air part was worth it.
The following day, we repelled down 2 waterfalls. Can't say I would do this again. I equate it with being beat to death in a washing machine. I think repelling down a cliff would be exciting, but not being able to see where your feet need to go, and being beat with thousands of gallons of high powered water kind of sucks. There was a moment where I was pretty sure I was going to die. But I did it. Look at the guy at the bottom - WAYYYYY down at the bottom of the picture. That's where I ended up.
The final day, we toured a vanilla farm, and toured Manuel Antonio National Park. It was all so gorgeous. And it's hard to describe how natural it feels to be out in the open with all the animals - monkeys, bats, lizards, snakes, more monkeys and more monkeys.....

1 comment: